- How Much Do Tickets Cost?
- I have small children. Can I bring a stroller, diaper bag, or change of clothes?
- Can I bring my camera, video camera, or cell phone?
- Can I bring food?
- Will there be any food or souvenirs available?
- Can I bring in containers to fill with chilled water?
- Can I bring animals to AirFest?
- Will there be handicapped parking available?
- Can I leave and re-enter AirFest?
- Is tailgating allowed?
- Is smoking / vaping allowed?
- Are alcoholic beverages allowed?
- Do I need a military ID?
- Will restroom facilities be easily accessible?
- Can I take pictures or get autographs?
- Will it be necessary to have hearing protection?
- Which day will the Blue Angels be performing?
- Will there be shade?
- What happens if it rains?
- Are umbrellas allowed at the air show?
- What type of medical services will be available?
- Can I park my boat in the water off of MacDill and watch the show?
- How Does Bus Transportation Work?
- Who can I call for additional information?
1. How Much Do Tickets Cost?
Tampa Bay AirFest features free parking and free admission.
2. I have small children. Can I bring a stroller, diaper bag, or change of clothes?
Yes. Strollers and diaper bags are authorized and will be hand-searched at the security checkpoint. Please bring only necessary items in the diaper bag. Also please consider hearing protection for small children. There will be a diaper changing station available near Hangar 3.
3. Can I bring my camera, video camera, or cell phone?
Yes. There are no security restrictions on these items. However, large camera bags are not permitted. Bring only necessary camera equipment and leave extra attachments at home. A small fanny pack or vest is useful for carrying small lenses. Keep in mind that everything is subject to search.
4. Can I bring food?
Small snacks are fine as long as they are not in glass containers. Ice chests or coolers are not authorized (except small coolers for medical supplies or infant formula purposes). Waist packs, backpacks and Camelbacks will be allowed but will be searched for alcohol or contraband. All items are subject to search/approval by security personnel.
5.Will there be any food or souvenirs available?
Yes. There will be food, drinks, and souvenirs available for purchase.
6. Can I bring in containers to fill with chilled water?
Absolutely and we encourage visitors to bring empty plastic refillable containers to maintain hydration. Free chilled water will be available throughout the display area.
7. Can I bring animals to AirFest?
Service dogs are the only animals permitted into Tampa Bay AirFest. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, a service animal is defined as a dog that has been individually trained to do work or perform tasks for an individual with a disability. The task(s) performed by the dog must be directly related to the person's disability. No other animals will be permitted. If you choose to leave your animal in your car while you enter AirFest, our trained Security Forces personnel will issue you a rather expensive ticket and break your vehicle window to ensure your animal is not exposed to high temperatures.
8. Will there be handicapped parking available?
There will be limited handicapped parking available on a first-come-first-served basis. Only vehicles with an official disabled person parking permit or license plate will be allowed to park in the designated handicapped parking area.
9. Can I leave and re-enter AirFest?
Yes. You may leave and re-enter as many times as desired. Anyone re-entering will have to go through the security checkpoint again.
10. Is tailgating allowed?
11. Is smoking / vaping allowed?
Yes, but only in designated areas and never near any aircraft.
12. Are alcoholic beverages allowed?
Alcoholic beverages may be purchased at AirFest. You may NOT bring alcoholic beverages into AirFest.
13. Do I need a military ID?
No, this event is open to the public.
14. Will restroom facilities be easily accessible?
Yes. Portable restrooms will be located throughout AirFest.
15. Can I take pictures or get autographs?
Yes. Many of the performers make themselves available for autographs and pictures during the show.
16. Will it be necessary to have hearing protection?
Due to the fact that the “Sound of Freedom” can be rather loud, it is highly encouraged that you bring hearing protection – especially for children.
17. Which day will the Blue Angels be performing?
The Blue Angels will perform their amazing demonstrations on both Saturday and Sunday.
18. Will there be shade?
There are limited areas of shade available throughout the flight line. You can take a walk through one of our larger static displays or take break from the sun in our Hangar 3 display area.
19. What happens if it rains?
In the event of rain some flying demonstrations may be delayed. Unless the weather poses a serious threat to the safety of our visitors and participants, the show will proceed as scheduled with some modifications. In the event of an Air Show cancellation or delayed opening, announcements will be coordinated with local news agencies and disseminated via Social Media channels with information as it becomes available.
20. Are umbrellas allowed at the air show?
Small rain umbrellas are fine to bring (the small ones that fit in a purse), but large golf umbrellas or shade umbrellas are banned as they may block the view of spectators behind you.
21. What type of medical services will be available?
First aid only will be provided such as oral hydration, treatment for minor cuts and bruises, and application of emergency medications (ex. Epi-pens). Medical personnel will stabilize and coordinate transportation to higher level of care for all other injuries/illnesses.
22. Can I park my boat in the water off of MacDill and watch the show?
Yes you can. Warning – do not enter the clearly marked MacDill Exclusion Zone surrounding MacDill AFB. You will receive a very expensive ticket (no warnings are given). For more information on the exclusion zone visit website HERE. Want to know more about the performers you are watching from your boat? You can stream our on-site video board broadcast on the MacDill Facebook site.
23. How Does Bus Transportation Work?
New for 2020 is an expedited HART route for those who don’t want to deal with the increased traffic associated with AirFest. After years of experience dealing with the incredible high demand for transportation into Tampa Bay’s AirFest, we have created your best option to travel to and from Tampa Bay’s premier aerial experience. We’ve learned a lot of lessons over the years, and now let us get you through AirFest traffic while you relax in air-conditioned comfort. Busses will drop-off and pick-up right next to the AirFest entrance. The best way to utilize this expedited service is to use ride-share to get to Britton Plaza or Marion Transit Center and ride the Route 360 Limited Express (see attached map). The busses will run every 15 minutes between Britton Plaza and the Base throughout the day.
Any questions, contact HART @ 813-254-4278. Download HART Transportation Map Here
24. Who can I call for additional information?
For more information, call the MacDill Public Affairs office at (813) 828-SHOW (7469), 813-828-2351, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org